1. Shani or Saturn was born as a progeny to Chhaya or Shadow when Sun, his father misconstrued her to be his wife, who, unable to bear his Taijas left to do penance. As to why she left a shadow behind remains a mystery. After coming to realise that he has given birth to Saturn out of the wedlock the Sun cursed the Shadow. Her son was unhappy with his father due to that.
2. Jyestha Amavasya or the new Moon is the date as per the Hindu lunar calendar.
3. On May 22, 2020, Friday, a rare stellium of Sun, Moon, Mercury and Venus happens in the sign of Taurus which is an outgoing Earth as well as exaltation sign of Moon and Mool trikona sign of Venus.
4. Saturn is in its own sign Capricorn with debilitated Jupiter. This is also a rare conjunction.
6. Atmakaraka Mercury is in its friend’s sign and in Leo navamsa. Saturn is a hard Taskmaster who is happy if you perform your duties well.
7. Oil of til would be used to burn lamps under Ashwath tree today at the time of Twilight. Scorpion ascendant. Naga Karana. Debilitated Jupiter plus retrograde Venus, Saturn and Setting Sun. Moon which has waned indicate: Ouroboros with a coiled tail. An interesting study about the recent times.
8. Aum Shan Shanaish charaay namaha is the mantra for offering sacrifice to Saturn.