Following sequence of events would tell you what usually happens on Whatsapp, WordPress and other places when there are admins or you’re not strong enough to defend yourself.
1. I am invited to a Whatsapp group dedicated to highschool students only. Via Facebook.
2. I become a member with three admins. Initially there are two…then three.
3. As usual: I am an active member. Sometimes too serious: I am given warning:
“This group is solely dedicated to relaxing jokes.”
4. I pay heed. I share less serious jokes.
5. Group is almost silent after a while. I share a post with my picture.
6. After a few days:
Some more pictures which highlight grave issues. Dark humor.
7. The limit of tolerance has been reached after today’s pictures.
8. I am told that a member of the group left it because of the offensive content I shared.
9. I am removed from the group. Without warning.
10. A group member argues with other members for a while and I am added into the group after the offended member is re-included into the group.
11. After being added to the group: I am shown what people actually think about the content I share on this group:
Offensive. Repelling. Foolish and so on.
12. The person who was defending me invites others to a marriage and offers alcohol.
13. Everyone is happy.
14. I narrate this event after about three months of get-together on whatsapp and FB with high school friends.
15. This gives you a clear idea about what I have been doing these days and what kind of impression it creates in minds of my high school friends.
16. I am going to share this post on another whatsapp group where I am ‘one of the admins.’